Khao Yai National Park, Approximately 3 hours Northeast of Bangkok consists of moist evergreen forest, mixed deciduous forest, and dry evergreen forest. With some 2,000-2,500 plant species, over 350 bird species, and numerous large mammals, Khao Yai is a natural choice for a wildlife safari adventure. Possible wildlife sightings include gibbons, pig-tailed macaques, sambar deers, barking deers, great hornbills, elephants, civets, gaur and more.
With porters to carry all your gear, explore this dramatic wilderness area with your naturalist guide. Spend the night deep in the forest in our deluxe tented camp, consisting of large comfortable sleeping tents, a large dining tent with mosquito net, hot showers, and freshly prepared Thai dishes and cold drinks.
Depart your Bangkok hotel at 7:00 am for a 3 hour transfer by private vehicle to Khao Yai. Stop for a short familiarization briefing from your guide before you head off into the forest. As you trek through the forest be on the lookout for gibbons and the myriad of birds that inhabit this area. Around midday you will meet the Wildwatch field staff who will greet you with cold drinks and lunch. Relax in the dinning tent before setting off for the final leg to the overnight camp. Spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing or bird and wildlife watching around the camp. After a hot shower, settle down to dinner under the stars. Around 8:00 pm, head out on a night walk with your guide to look out for nocturnal wildlife in the grasslands. Possible wildlife sightings include sambar, porcupine, palm civet, small Indian civet and barking deer.
Overnight: deluxe tented camp. Walking Distance: 5-7kms. Meals Included: [L,D]
Your wake up call is a hot fresh cup of coffee or tea delivered to your tent by our camp staff. Spend the first hour of daylight bird watching and looking out for wildlife around the camp before settling into a hearty breakfast. Depart the camp for a morning walk to track down a family of pig-tailed macaque and gibbons that inhabit the area. Back to the camp for lunch and a chance to kick-back and relax. Depart the camp at 3:00 pm for the walk to a nearby mineral lick and forest wetland which is sometimes visited by large mammals such as elephants and gaur. Back to the camp for a welcome hot shower and dinner before another optional night walk.
Overnight: deluxe tented camp. Walking Distance: 5-7kms. Meals: [B,L,D]
Spend the first hour of daylight bird watching and looking out for wildlife around the camp before settling into a hearty breakfast. Depart the camp around 9:00 am with a packed lunch (sandwiches and fruit) for the start of the walk out of the forest. Today you will head out on a different route, which takes you through forest inhabited by a number of gibbon families. Spend time with your guide getting close to these amazing forest acrobats. Exit the forest around 4:00 pm, and transfer back to Bangkok. Drop you at your Bangkok hotel or airport.
Walking Distance: 4-5kms. Meals: [B,L]
- English-speaking naturalist guide
- Porters & Thai Chef
- Transportation and accommodation while on the trip
- Meals as indicated including bottled water and fruits
- Field equipment: we provide tents, sleeping bags, sleeping bag liners, sleeping mats, field showers, first-aid equipment, raincoats and other equipment necessary for activities in the field.
- Park entrance fees & Forestry Charges
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Expenses
- Telephone calls
Things to bring
- Light walking boots or sports shoes
- Camera and binoculars (very useful)
- Long trousers and long-sleeved shirt for walking in the forest( 2 set of clothes)
- Mosquito repellent, sun hat and sun cream
- Jumpers during December till February
- The tour is on private basis ( No other participants will join you)
- This tour is not allowed for children below 15 years
- This tour is for people who are serious hikers , will be taken to hardcore hiking trails.
- This is a sample itinerary, and the routes and timing may change according to local conditions, but the general content of the trip will remain the same.